Geon FX Manual
Ctrl + LMB — input emitter position
Ctrl + RMB — move background
RMB — move all emitters
Space or LMB — burst particles from all emitters (disable emitter to exclude it's particles)
Middle Click — resize emitter
Ctrl + S — save current project (overwrites existing file)
Ctrl + N — start a new project
Ctrl + O — open project (shows only .geon files)
Ctrl + I — import effects from GML code
Ctrl + E — export all effects to GML code
Ctrl + Z — Undo last action
Ctrl + Y — Redo last action
Ctrl + W — remove effect
Ctrl + F — switch fullscreen or window mode
F1 — show hotkeys
Use Cmd instead of Ctrl. Second keys in all keyboard shortcuts are exactly the same. Example: Сmd + N starts a new project on Mac.
- When you save effects that use external sprites copy the sprites to your effects folder (preserving the filenames). So that when you open your effect next time it will automatically load the corresponding sprite.
- Circle in the center can be dragged with LMB. This circle is the anchor point where all your effects will start when you load them into GameMaker. RMB will move all emitters with the anchor point.
- geon_system_init(ps) - Geon FX automatically creates the Particle System and holds it's id in global.geonfx_ps variable. You can destroy the default particle system and change it with your own by assigning it to global.geonfx_ps
- geon_system_destroy() - call it if you want to clear the Geon FX effect system by removing all effects from the memory.
- geon_effect_add(filename, ps) - Loads new effect from a file fname and uses particle system ps to play it. If effect has already been loaded the script copies all effect settings and creates new emitters only.
- geon_effect_burst(effect_ind, x, y) - Play effect with index effect_ind at x, y once
- geon_effect_stream(effect_ind, x, y, enable) - Enable or disable effect streaming for effect_ind at x, y coordinates
- geon_effect_is_streamed(effect_ind) - Checks whether effect with index effect_ind is being streamed
- geon_effect_delete(effect_ind, clear_pt) - Removes effect with index effect_ind from memory. If ( clear_pt == true ) particle types will be destroyed too.